I came to realise a few things..
1) I have learnt to respect people’s decision, even though I might not agree or accept how they think or do things.
2) I thank God for the ability to have patience with people, especially difficult people.
3) Circumstances don’t define our lives, our attitude towards it does.
- Bad things can happen, but it doesn’t mean our lives are bad. Good things can happen, but it doesn’t mean our lives are good. However, a bad attitude sees every good circumstance as something bad, and a good attitude sees every bad circumstance as something good. “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he” - Proverbs 23:7
4) I rather be in the deepest valleys with God than to be in the highest mountains without God. One day in Your house is better than one thousand days in the world..
- It’s always during the deepest valleys of my life that I encounter God the most intimately. Because I realised how much I really need God in every area of my life. I learnt to depend on Him even more. I treasure every moment of it. I learnt to praise God at all times, good or bad.
5) It’s the bad times that causes us to appreciate the good times.
- Ever since I fell sick recently, I began to be thankful of every measure of strength I have when I am well. To have the freedom to do what I really want to do..Without the bad times, we will never know what is good and appreciate it more.
Upon falling sick made me feel thankful of the times where I have all the energy that I have to do things when I am well.
When we fall sick, it’s natural that we feel weak and all, not having energy to do anything.
And what’s more? It’s really the worst timing to fall sick when you have an upcoming exam paper to prepare.
But I believe God is good!
Last night when I was trying to turn in earlier to rest, I coughed non-stop and felt like dying. Images of being hospitalised when I was P1 after I had similar cough for months came into my mind.
But I began to stop myself and began to lay hands on myself to pray for healing and my cough to stop. I pray that I will be well when I wake up and I will have the strength to study for my exam.
Soon after that, my cough stopped and I finally fall asleep.
When I woke up, I felt much more strength in me.
I was so thankful to God at that moment.
I began to realised how I should treasure every moment I have now and always give my best at all times.
“Every breath that I take, every moment I am awake, Lord have Your way in me…”
I count it a great blessing to be able to have this relationship with my Almighty God.
I serve and belong to a Big God. Thus I got to grow bigger than this.
Don’t ever settle for mediocracy anymore..
Trust in Him at all times..He is faithful in all seasons
Thank You Jesus! (:
Time to conquer Econs!
Preference is a very strong belief but will be changed given the right circumstance.
Conviction will not change no matter what.
Conviction is not something you accidentally come across, it is something you purpose.
Conviction comes from God (John 16:8)
Conviction don’t need second chance.
Both CG and service this week cause me to think about a lot of things.
We need to take time out to have moments like this where you begin to reflect upon yourself.
Pastor Jamaal mentioned this today “If we first judge ourselves, no one can judge us”.
I really can’t agree more with this.
Having insights about our own self is so important.
Before we are able to change anything about ourselves, we need to have insights.
Convictions are tested..
It’s so important to constantly guard our hearts.
There’s so much thoughts to chew on tonight…
Can’t wait for service later on! It’s gonna be great!
爱 是 恒 久 忍 耐 ， 又 有 恩 慈 ； 爱 是 不 嫉 妒 ； 爱 是 不 自 夸 ， 不 张 狂 ，不 做 害 羞 的 事 ， 不 求 自 己 的 益 处 ， 不 轻 易 发 怒 ， 不 计 算 人 的 恶 ，不 喜 欢 不 义 ， 只 喜 欢 真 理 ；凡 事 包 容 ， 凡 事 相 信 ， 凡 事 盼 望 ， 凡 事 忍 耐 。爱 是 永 不 止 息 。
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8